Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Superheroes Need Help Too


This is my brother. The one on the right. The one on the left is also my brother, but not the one I am referring to today.












 

This is my brother running, swimming, and bike riding an insane amount of miles, unfortunately, I was unable to steal locate a suitable swimming pic.

I'm talking crazy insane triple digit mileage. He logs more miles in one training session than I do in my WEEKLY commute. Crazy bastard. But, he's doing it for a really good reason. He's going to compete in the Ford Ironman Arizona this November with his Team in Training IronTeam. For those of you who haven't heard of Team in Training, it is an organization that trains athletes for an endurance sporting event while the athletes, in turn, raise money that goes to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society for cancer research. My brother, Kevin, has set a personal goal to raise $6,600, and he has raised about 40% of this total.

I know that we are all financially strapped these days with the economy being what it is, but if you could spare anything, I would love it if you would consider donating to this great cause. I imagine right about now, "girl, you must be outside your mind" is running through your head, plus a couple of curses. However, even though you may have never met my brother, you've more than likely met me, and I like to think that I'm pretty awesome, and that makes him awesome by association. Seriously, though, he is an awesome big brother and person, and I would love to see him succeed in this endeavor that he has poured his heart, soul, blood, sweat, and tears into for well over a year. I am so proud of what he has already accomplished, to do this would be just amazing. Here is his fundraising page. Just remember, as you consider making a contribution, TAX-DEDUCTIBLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment